Wednesday 16 May 2012

Buy Better Challenge

Okay I have been rather slow at posting the goings on of my better better challenge for April. Holidays and work getting in the way! There is no two ways about it, April has been tough! I thought the rainy days would put paid to any rogue thoughts of spring shopping. Sadly I was wrong. The moment I walked into Cos on one of my usual work focused shopping trips, I was bamboozled by a sea of colour and texture. First on my radar, a cobalt blue sweater, it's raised circle knit and puffed shoulders arrested my senses, I needed this sweater. It was like when a craving takes hold, there is no stopping the mind pushing on and feeding the body what it needs. I was in that zone, a kind of no mans land. I loved the texture, the Klein blue, the3d effect. 3d knits are having a starlet moment and I am drawn in like a magnet every time I spy one. I blame Jonathan Saunders spring summer 2012 collection for seducing me. My internal dialogue was in over drive, I had been through my entire collection of shirts and blouses that could be worn under the jumper and how fab it would look with my yellow Whistles Jeans and tan and yellow platform shoes.Then I spotted the spearmint denim jeans just hanging there, I drifted dreamlike toward them, cashmere soft to touch and with just the right amount of stretch, and when I say spearmint I mean washed down spearmint, just perfect to be precise. No, No, No, said my ethical, sustainable, snappy moralistic self. I skulked about some more feeling a sad envy of the shoppers enjoying their guilt free spree. How many more months can I do this for said the part of me longing for a fix and the other part answered quite without feeling, 8. I stopped by a few vintage shops on my way out of town, but alas nothing grabbed me and so I must march on. Check out the styles that tempted me during the month of April and here's hoping someone enjoys wearing them. I am off to flirt with the idea of getting my sewing machine out and making something new to wear. Surely that's allowed?
Puffed shoulder circle knit sweater at  www.cosstores.com

Spearmint denim jeans at www.cosstores.com

Printed trouser at www.cosstores.com
H&M butterfly skirt from their Concious collection www.hm.com
Preen lace pixel pencil skirt at www.avenue32.com
Peter Som printed trouser at www.avenue32.com

1 comment:

Diana Marks said...

very trendy this season ;)

please check out my blog and, if you want, let's follow each other ;)

www.LAByDiana.com